Monday, July 7, 2008

Waterlogged!

Hi All,

Kathy and I have been getting into this snorkeling thing lately. I don't know how long it will last but I believe that my fingers now have permanent waterloggedridges!
We have been so fortunate to live so close to Hanauma Bay where the fish are abundant and the sea turtles now know Kathy personally. Yes, Kathy refers to them as "my sea turtles."
She does seem to have a knack for finding them. I have been taking advantage of my father's day present ... a relatively inexpensive underwater camera.
The last few weekends, we've been abandoned all sense of reason and ventured to the North Shore for snorkeling at Shark's Cove. Are there any sharks at Sharks Cove? I haven't seen one and don't expect to!
The "little guy" below was about 3 1/2 feet across!

This sea turtle was enjoying lunch off the reef at Sharks Cove.

This picture is a bit hard to see but it is a picture of about 500 little blue fish!

When we least expected it, one of our friends came cruising up over this rock to say "hello!"


Kathy took this video clip of me swimming down about 15 feet.

In addition to the snorkeling, we've frequented Bellows Air Station beach. It is a gorgeous beach with tons of privacy and 3 to 5 foot waves that just cruise in from the outer reef. It has become one of our favorite beaches as it is only 20 minutes away and stunningly beautiful.


Below, Krista drags Kathy out on the boogie board.

No comments: