Monday, July 7, 2008

Kate and Dan Visit

We were blessed to have Kate and Dan visit us on their way to teach in Jakarta!

Kate is the daughter of Sandy and Chuck Radis of Maine. I met Sandy and Chuck many, many years ago through my sister Jeanne. Sandy is one of those people who is so genuine, you just want to hug them! Chuck can be a nice guy, too ... just goofing with you Chuck. Actually, they are both very special people. So, when Jeanne said that their punk-kid was coming through and could we offer them some space, Kathy and I had no problem saying "YES!"

We hardly saw them! I've not seen too many people their age in bed by 9pm. Then again, they were up and about on their way out to explore the island by 7am the next morning.
Below is Kate during one of her rare serious moments ... looks just like Chuck!

We spent a little time at Hanauma Bay snorkeling. At one point, we lost Dan. We didn't mean to but he was like a fish in the water (nothing like Nathan, but close enough say that they both were fish). So, the life guards are kicking people out of the water. I'm there pointing at Dan to get out of the water. I keep yelling "Hey Dan! Time to get out!"
Turns out that Dan was behind me and already out of the water!

Dan and Kate were sweet to buy sushi one night ... I STILL haven't lost that weight! On another night, they prepared scrumptious, home made appetisers!

Now, I expect a visit from Sandy and Chuck especially since Sandy could do some electrical and plumbing work for us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope that one day I can write blogs like that!
Thanks for having us once again.
Kate laughed out loud as soon as we opened the page with that photo of her on the beach. I would have posted the silliest picture of her just like that.
Tis the weekend and we are going to go exploring. We have a guest here from McGill who has been living in Indonesia for three months.
Much love from Kate and Dan!