Sunday, January 25, 2009

Honolulu City Lights

Kathy and I decided to take a night out alone ... but where to go and what to do? Considering the financial situation of the country we thought we'd do something ... FREE! :-)

Honolulu puts on quite a display of Christmas and Holiday lights called CITY LIGHTS.



As a photographer ... (can I call myself that?) it was very challenging. The lights often overwhelmed my light meter and there was no balance! Armed with my trusty tripod and a good flash (only used when necessary), it was fun to experiment.


Above was pretty simple ... used a flash but below, I did not and then I twisted the zoom as the shutter stayed open ... kinda fun.


Ok, this might not appeal to you ... or anyone but it appealed to me ... again, slow shutter and a spin of the zoom lens.

At the end of the evening, Kathy and I found ourselves walking hand-in-hand through the night streets of Honolulu enjoying the sights, the sounds, and the tourists as they prepared for Christmas. There were horse drawn carriages lit for the holidays that looked like Cinderella might step out of one or another.
It was fun and free and relaxing.
Love
John










No comments: