Monday, December 22, 2008

A Quiet Evening At Home

We are a silly bunch! Somebody thought we should play a game, but what game should we play?

Monopoly it is! Somebody was quick with the board and before I could resist, the money was dealt!

I thought the banker cheated but then it was hard to tell. Suddenly the guy with the Patriots shirt was winning by landing in Free Parking more than one ought to.

Sometimes the math got difficult and the gods were consulted. Sometimes we laughed and tears filled our eyes.

The properties were no longer equally distributed. The guy in the Patriots shirt was winning easily. Will we be glad when he is gone? I know that we won't but should we play Monopoly again, we'll watch him more carefully.
"I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin' y'know?" said one player as they exited the game.





No comments: